Super User is the name of the question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. This one only take a minute to sign up. To sign up, you just need to enter the display name, email address, and password. Do not forget that passwords must contain at least 8 characters, including at least 1 letter and 1 number. Aside from that, you are able to sign up with Google and Facebook.
There are a lot of questions and answers on Super User. The subject of all of them can vary from history, economy, politic, lifestyle, technology, and many more. When it comes to technology, there is the one related to the cool feature provided by Microsoft for the Windows 10 operating system called Windows Spotlight. The question is about how to activate and deactivate Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight hints.
Basically, OP stated that on his Windows 10 lock screen Spotlight, he has hints or links which, when clicked, take him to the homepage of Bing upon login showing where the place on the picture is. His question is about how to activate and deactivate these links. He needs to know because they are all invisible on all computers in the network.
A user named CharlieRB answered the first question about the method to enable and disable Windows Spotlight. Here are the steps as explained by the user:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to Settings.
- Then, select the Personalization setting.
- The next thing that you have to do is to select the Lockscreen tab.
- Under Picture, you have to either select Windows Spotlight to enable, or another option to disable it.
- Aside from that, you are also able to choose to enable or disable the toggle about get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your locks screen.
The second user named Andrea added the possible reason that they are disabled by the User Accounts setting. First, at the Command Prompt, type “Control Userpasswords2”. Second, in the User Accounts form, go to the Advanced tab. Third, clear the require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete option and click OK. Please check if tips are shown by typing Windows+L to go to the lock screen.
The third answer explained about the solution to enable on the domain computers. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, go to Start > Run or hit Windows+R to open Run dialog box or just go into the Comamnd Prompt windows.
- Secondly, type “control userpasswords2” if you want to open the User Accounts dialog windows.
- Thirdly, go to the Advanced tab
- Fourthly, un-check the “Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Del” option box. It is under “Secure sign in”.
- Fifthly, press OK.
- Sixthly, make sure you have Windows Spotlight selected in the Personalization > Lock Screen window and lock the workstation to see it working.
For further information about Windows Spotlight quiz on Super User, please visit the official website of Super User.