The thing called Windows Spotlight can bring the fresh wallpaper images for your lock screen daily. Apparently, all the wallpapers are stored in the folder named Assets wherein the older wallpaper images will be purged automatically as the new set of images get downloaded.
If you love the images from Windows Spotlight and want to make it as your desktop background, the good news is that you are able to get it for your desktop background by trying these following methods.
The method to set Windows Spotlight images as the desktop wallpaper background, you have to first collect the Windows Spotlight images and then set the background option to slideshow in Personalize settings.
Step 1: Creating the VBScript file that copies the Windows Spotlight images
You canmake the VBScript using the code. Then, name it as spotlight_collect.vbs and save to a folder named d:\tools\spotlight_collect.vbs
Step 2: creating the scheduled task that runs the script
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the admin Command Prompt window and type: SCHTASKS/create/SC HOURLY /MO 6/TN “Save Spotlight Images” / TR “wscript.exe d:\tools\spotlight_collect.vbs”
This one will create the schedule task that will run the script every 6 hours, indefinitely. You have to see the message saying that you are succeed and the the schedule task has successfully been created after running the command. After that, the new task will appear in the Task Schedule window.
- Then, in the Command Prompt, you have to run the command as mentioned below to start the task. Please keep in mind that you will need to do this for the first time only.
Schtasks/Run/TN “Save Spotlight Images”
- Open the Task Schedule and double click the task named Save Spotlight Images.
- In the Settings tab of the task, you have to make the option Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed enabled.
- Press OK.
Each time the Task Schedule runs the script file, the new lock screen images are copied to the folder entitled Spotlight Collection. Once you collect enough images of wallpaper, you can set the desktop background slodeshow pointing to the folder named Spotlight Collection as the source.
Step 3: Setting the desktop background slideshow
- First, open Setting > Personalization > Background.
- Second, choose Slideshow in the drop down box.
- Third, press Browse and choose the Picture\SpotlightCollection folder.
- Fourth, your desktop background slideshow will use your Windows Spotlight collection folder as the source.
For those who do not want to collect the Windows Spotlight images and use it as the desktop slideshow, you are able to use the app named Dynamic Theme from the Microsoft Store in order to set the Windows Spotlight or as your desktop wallpaper or slideshow. This one will download the images from the Microsoft Spotlight and Bing server directly. It is able to set your desktop background or lock screen image with the Windows Spotlight pictures. It will allow you to save the daily image from Widnwos Spotlight.