For those who have Windows 10 by default, Windows Spotlight feature enabled, the lock screen shows amazing images provided by Microsoft. Some of those high quality images are nature shots while some others are pictures of great cities around the world.
In fact, Windows Spotlight images rotate several times each day, but what if you see a certain image and you like it and want to keep a copy of it on your computer? Apparently, Windows 10 lock screen images buried deep in the hidden directory, but with a bit of digging, you are able to find them, save them and even use them as the desktop wallpaper.
In order to find the Windows Spotlight folder in Windows 10, here are the steps that you have to follow:
- The first thing that you have to do is to click View in File Explorer.
- Then, click Options. By doing this step, a Folder Option windows will show up.
- The next thing that you have to do is to click the View tab.
- You have to choose “Show hidden files, folders, and drived” and click Apply.
- Afterward, go to This PC > Local Disk (C:) > Users > (Your Username) > AppData > Local > Packages > Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy > LocalState > Assets. Keep in mind that you will be presented with the plethora of files names that make absolutely no sense at all and show no extensions. Unfortunately, there is no great method of telling which ones are beautiful images and which are icons, but it is better for you to click on the items with the bigger file sizes.
- Please copy the most recent big files to another folded. For instance: pictures.
- In the last step, you have to rename the files and add the files suffix .jpg to the end of their names.
- Finally, you should now be able to view the images in any image viewer or editor that you want.
Please take a note that Microsoft will add and remove those at its whim. When you see one that you like, pounce on it and make a copy before it goes away, possibly forever. If you would rather skip the extra work of finding the Windows Spotlight images on your computer, the good news is that there is an app for that. It is called Spot Bright. Spot Bright is known as the free Windows store app that will allow you to download all of the Windows Spotlight images that have featured on Windows lock screens so far. All that you have to do is to click Fast search and the app will round up images that you are able to download all of them in one batch. As stated before, this app is free but if you want to get some additional features such as getting the notification when the new images are cycled, it is better for you to purchase the premium version.