Microsoft has made a new Edge browser that takes the Chromium engine to offer better performance, stability, and compatibility for the sites and extensions. But, sometimes, you may get some issues. For example, you may see the site not loading correctly or Microsoft Edge is not working. How to fix it? Here are a few ways to fix it.
3 WAYS TO FIX MICROSOFT EDGE WHICH IS NOT WORKING
We have three effective ways to fix Microsoft Edge which is not working on Windows 10. Here are ways:
- Clearing browsing data on Microsoft Edge
- Resetting settings on Microsoft Edge.
- Ensuring Microsoft Edge is up to date.
In this page, we are going to guide you those three effective ways to fix issues with Microsoft Edge that are not working on Windows 10.
WAY 1: CLEARING BROWSING DATA ON MICROSOFT EDGE
If you are having issues loading sites, images will not open, or any weird behavior, it is probably that there is an issue with the browsing data stored on your device, and removing the temporary data will be able to fix the issue.
To clear the browsing data to fix issues on Microsoft Edge, you are able to follow these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to open Microsoft Edge.
- After that, you have to click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top right.
- Then, you are able to click the Settings option.
- Please click on Profiles.
- You also need to click the Sync option.
- Afterwards, you have to click the Turn off sync button.
- In this step, you are able to click on Privacy and services.
- Under the Clear browsing data part, simply click the Choose what to clear button.
- Please use the Time range menu and choose the All time option.
- Now, you have to check all the items that you want to clear. For instance: Cookies and other site data, website permissions, cached images and files, and hosted app data. For note: If the issue is related, you do not need to clear browsing history, passwords, or auto fill data.
- The last step that you have to do is to click the Clear now button.
After you complete all the steps above, now try to load different sites to confirm if the issue that you are having is gone. If you turned off the data syncing, after clearing the browsing data, we suggest you to turn on the feature again from Settings > Profiles > Sync settings page.
WAY 2: RESETTING SETTINGS ON MICROSOFT EDGE
If clearing the browsing history cannot fix the issue, so you are able to reset the browser settings to its defaults to view whether the issue is related to an extension or configuration.
To reset the Chromium Edge to its default settings to fix issues, please do these steps:
- At the first step, you have to open Microsoft Edge.
- After that, you have to click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top-right.
- In this step, you need to click the Settings option.
- Afterwards, you are able to click on Reset settings.
- Please click the Restore settings to their default values option.
- Lastly, you are able to click the Reset button.
After you complete the steps above, the feature is going to reset the new tab and startup page, search engine, and pinned tabs. Aside from that, this process is also will disable extensions as one of them could be causing the issues, and it will be able to clear temporary data. But, the reset option will not delete your history or saved passwords.
WAY 3: ENSURING MICROSOFT EDGE IS UP TO DATE
If Microsoft Edge opens but stops working, you have to ensure that Microsoft Edge is up to date. Remember that Edge is probably one of the fastest web browsers out there on Windows 10. However to maintain its abilities, you need to always make sure to Update Microsoft Edge to the Latest Version. Microsoft Edge offers prominent features making the users to switch over this new browser that comes as a core component of Windows 10. Therefore, the updates for the browsers proceed differently than other reputed browsing applications. For instance, you will not find a button anywhere, or download it over the internet. So, we are going to explain it here how to update Edge browser.
Before you update Edge browser, you need to check the current version you are using. To check the current version of Microsoft Edge, you have to do these steps below:
- At the first step, you have to open Microsoft Edge web browser by hitting its icon on the taskbar.
- After that, you have to click on the Menu button (three dots) on the top right end. Please choose the Settings option from the menu that opens.
- When you are on the Settings bar, you need to scroll all the way down to the About this app section.
- Finally, you will be able to see that Edge lists its current version of EdgeHTML.
Now, you only need to perform a Google search for finding the latest version of Microsoft Edge browser. Please compare the current version number with your installed one. By doing that, you are going to know whether you are using a previous edition or the recently released one. The next step that you have to do is to update your Edge browser to its latest version. Remember that Windows updates does this automatically, provided you have kept its settings ‘ON.’ But, you are also able to update Windows 10 manually, therewith updating the Edge browser simultaneously.
In the text below, you are able to see the steps to update Microsoft Edge to the Latest Version.
- Please get to the Settings page. To do that, you are able to hit Windows + I key and then click on Update & Security.
- On the right pane, you have to click on Check for Updates.
- If there are the new updates, they are going to be downloaded automatically onto your system. Also, this is going to include the stuff for Edge browser.
Microsoft Edge is comparatively easy to update. It keeps your Windows device hassle-free. For the users of Internet Explorer, this is a booster dose. It is not a secret that Edge browser defeats the Internet Explorer on many things such as stability, security, speed and also supports the modern web standards. For Internet Explorer users, Microsoft Edge includes some amazing features such as HEIF which is very helps the user not only in faster saving videos and images from the web, but also allows their safer removal from the devices.
Now, time is for you to update Microsoft Edge to the latest version Chromium version. To do so, you have to follow these easy steps below:
- Please launch the web browser and click on the three dots icon from the left end of the toolbar.
- Then, you have to hover on the Help and feedback option and choose About Microsoft Edge from the submenu.
- The browser is going to be automatically updated.
- Now, you will be able to enjoy using Microsoft Edge.
Well, the text above is three effective ways to fix Microsoft Edge which is not working correctly on Windows 10. In addition, here we are also going to share some ways to fix some common issues. Continue to read this text below.
HOW TO SOLVE ISSUES MAKING NEW PROFILE ON MICROSOFT EDGE
Sometimes, you may have syncing problems with Microsoft Edge if your current profile becomes corrupted. If you get this issue, deleting and starting with a new profile may solve your issue.
To recreate a profile to fix syncing and account problems with the Edge browser, please do these steps:
- At the first step, you have to open Microsoft Edge.
- Then, you have to click the Settings and more (three-dotted) button from the top-right.
- Now, you are able to click the Settings option.
- Please click on Profiles and then click the main menu (three-dotted) button and choose the Remove option.
- In this step, you are able to click the Remove profile button.
- Please click the Sign in to sync data button.
- Choose your Microsoft account and click the Continue button.
- (For Optional) you are able to click the Customize sync settings option to set the settings that you want to sync.
- The next step that you have to do is to click the Apply button.
- Please click the Done button.
After you complete the steps, Chromium Edge must start working as expected. The passwords should start syncing again.
HOW TO SOLVE ISSUES REINSTALLING APPLICATION ON MICROSOFT EDGE
Sometimes, removing and reinstalling the application is able to solve most issues such as problems with starting up Edge, error messages, memory usage, slow performance loading websites, and more.
Downloading installer Microsoft Edge
To download the Microsoft Edge installer, just do these steps:
- At the first step, you have to open the Microsoft Edge download site.
- Now, you are able to click at the Download button.
After you complete two steps above, you are able to use the steps to delete or remove the browser from your device.
Uninstalling Microsoft Edge
To uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium, just do these steps:
- Please open the Settings.
- Then, you have to click at the Apps and features.
- Under the Apps & features part, search for Microsoft Edge.
- Choose the app and click the Uninstall button.
- Now, you have to click the Uninstall button again.
- Afterwards, you need to check ‘Also clear your browsing data option.’
- In this step, you only need to click the Uninstall button.
After you complete all steps above, you will be able to proceed to install the browser again.
Installing Microsoft Edge
To reinstall the browser, just do these steps:
- At the first step, you have to open File Explorer.
- Please navigate to the folder with the Microsoft Edge installer.
- Now, you have to double-click the file to begin the installation.
- Simply continue with the on-screen directions to finish the setup (if applicable).
After you complete the steps above, you are able to open the browser, and it must work as expected now.
HOW TO SOLVE ISSUES SWITCHING TO CANARY VERSION OF MICROSOFT EDGE
Besides the stable version of browser, actually Microsoft also allows previews to test the upcoming features and changes by using different channels including Dev, Beta and Canary. If nothing seems to fix the issue, you are able to switch temporarily to the Canary build to mitigate the problem. If you want to install the canary version of Microsoft Edge, you are able to so these steps:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Microsoft Edge download site.
- After that, you have to click the More platforms and change link.
- Under the Canary Channel part, you are able to click the Download button.
- Please click the Accept and download button. Do not forget to double-click the downloaded file to begin the installation.
- In this step, you need to click the Get started button and choose the new tab page layout.
- Please click the Next button.
- (For optional) you are able to click the Customize sync settings option to set the settings that you want to sync.
- Now, simply you are able to click the Apply button.
- The last step that you have to do is to click the Next button.
- Click the Done button.
After you complete the steps, you will be able to start using the browser without problems. When the new update releases, of course you are able to switch back to the stable version of Microsoft Edge.