It is important for you to know that on Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a new Remote Desktop and you are able to download it from the Windows Store. This is made with an aim to make it easier for anyone to be able to connect to another computer over a local network or an internet connection.
You are able to use Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 PC to be able to connect to a PC from afar. So, how to do that? Based on the site of microsoft.com, there are several steps that you can do to set up it and use remote desktop. In the list below, we explain the steps for doing that.
If you want to set up the PC that you want to be able to connect to so it permits remote connections, you are able to follow the simple steps below.
- First, on the device that you want to connect to, you have to choose Start > Settings > System > Remore Desktop and then you have to turn on Enable Remore Desktop.
- Then, you have to make note of the name of this PC under How to connect to this PC.
If you want to use remote desktop to be able to connect to the PC, you are able to set up like this:
- The first thing that you have to do is, on your local Windows 10 PC in the search box on the taskbar, you have to type Remote Desktop Connection. Then, you have to choose Remote Desktop Connection. After that, in Remote Desktop Connection, you have to type the name of the PC that you want to connect to and then choose Connect.
- If you use other Windows, Android or iOS device, to use Remote Desktop you can open the Remote Desktop app. It is available for free from Microsoft Store, Google Play and the Mac App Store. Then, you have to add the name of the PC that you want to connect to. And after that, you have to choose the remote PC name that you added and then wait for the connection to complete.
If the remote desktop is not working in your Windows 10, for example you see an error which says that the remote PC cannot be found, you have to make sure that you have the right PC name, and then you have to check to see of you entered the name correctly. If you are not still able to connect, you are able to try entering the IP address of the remote PC instead of the PC name. Then, if you get a message which says that there is a problem with the network, you are able to do several things as listed below.
- You can make sure your router is turned on.
- You have to make sure that the ethernet cable is plugged into your network adapter.
- The wireless switch of your PC is turned on.
- The network adapter is working.
Now, after you know how to set it, use it and even how to fix it if you face some issue, you can try to apply what we explained.