Microsoft offers you the ability to set up a local account or a Microsoft account in Windows. You need to know that Windows 10 is less dependent on a Microsoft account if we compare it with Windows 8. However, Microsoft account is the way to go if you want a single login for all of your Windows 10 devices and want to keep your visual themes, colors, settings of browsers, certain passwords and other key settings in-sync across each device.
When you sign in to your Microsoft account, you have an all access pass to the premier services of Microsoft. And if you use any of these services, you will have a Microsoft account such as Outlook, Skype, Office, OneDrive, Xbox Live, Store, Bing, Windows and MSN. The Microsoft account that you have permits you to manage everything all in one place so that you are able to organize your family’s digital life, keep tabs on your subscriptions and order history, update your privacy and security settings, track the health and safety of your devices and get rewards.
So, how to sign in to the Microsoft account? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The very first step to sign in to Microsoft account is going to Microsoft Account and then choose Sign in.
- Now, you have to type the email, phone number or Skype sign-in that you use for other services such as Office, Outlook, and more. Then, choose Next. If you do not have a Microsoft account, you are able to choose No account? Create one!. You need to know that it is recommended if you use an email that you already have and use regularly.
- In this step, you have to type your password and then choose the Keep me signed in box if you want to go straight into your account next time. But, this thing is not recommended for shared computers.
- Now, you can choose Sign In.
If you are using a Windows 10 device, you may have signed in without using your Microsoft account. You are able to follow the steps below if you want to see which account that you are using now. If you want to sync your settings and Microsoft Store purchases across all your devices, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- First, you have to choose the Start button and then choose Settings > Accounts > Your Info. In several versions, it can be found under Email & accounts.
- Now, you need to choose Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. You will be able to see this link only if you are using a local account. You need to know that if you see Sign in with a local account instead, it means that you are already using your Microsoft account.
- In this third step, you have to follow the prompts to be able to switch to your Microsoft account.
After reading the steps above, now you are able to try to apply how to sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.