Now, you may be looking for the best answer whether you should disable igfxTray Module or not. However, finding the best answer that will help in deciding to disable the igfxTray Module is such a treasure at all. So, here’s the answers!
Should I Disable igfxTray Module?
You are probably annoyed when igfxtray.exe pops up on your computer. Even though you do not run this system on your computer. Need to know that although you do not run the app on your computer but the igfxtray.exe continually will appear when you start your computer.
Of course, when you get the pop up every time you start your computer, it is surely an annoying thing that you need to remove. So, regarding to the questions should you disable igfxTray Module or not, it certainly depends on yourself whether the igfxTray Module disturbs you or not.
If the igfxTray Module definitely does not disturb you when you start your computer and you think it’s normal, of course it does not matter if you do not remove or disable it on your computer. But, if you think that igfxTray Module is really annoying, you really have the right to delete it.
Unfortunately, you do not know yet how to disable it on your computer or remove it permanently from your computer. No worries! Disabling or removing the igfxTray Module on your computer is such an easy way to do it. Well, we are here to guide you to disable and remove the igfxTray Module from your computer.
So, let’s see how to disable igfxTray Module on your computer!
At least, there are three main methods that you can do to disable igfxTray Module on your computer. Of course, you can choose one of them or try to run them one by one if you do not solve the problem. So, here are the methods:
Method 1: Disable igfxTray Module Using System Configuration
This first method allows you to use the system configuration to stop igfxTray.exe which is appearing again on your computer. Follow any steps of the first method below to ensure you disable igfxTray Module on your computer!
- First, you need to press the Windows + R button, then, type MSconfig and press enter.
- After that, click on Startup tab and then Open Task Manager.
- Find igfxTray right click on it. Select Disable.
- Now, close the tab. Then, restart your PC. igfxTray app automatically will not be executed.
Method 2: Using Windows Defender
Well, if the first method cannot solve your problem to disable igfxTray.exe, it is time for you to use the second method. Using Windows Defender will ensure you disable igfxTray.exe on your computer. However, Windows Defender will automatically keep the process on the protected list and lay off it whenever one scans the computer. So, only use this method when you ensure that the process does not contain any sort of malware or antivirus.
Here are the ways:
- First, you can press the Windows button, then, type Windows Security Settings and click on it.
- Choose the Open Windows Defender Security Center button.
- Then, click on Virus and threat protection.
- After that, click on Manage Settings under Virus and threat protection settings.
- In this step, you need to scrawl down, then click on Add or remove exclusions under Exclusions heading.
- Click on + Add an exclusion button, select Folder.
- Ensure that the process is present in C:\Windows\System32\igfxTray.exe before adding the exclusion.
You definitely have to use full pathname, only the name of the process or put a star in the expansion space of the program. Once you restart your computer, you need to check if the current issue got settled.
Method 3: Using Registry Editor
The last method definitely will be useful when the first method and second method cannot give you satisfaction. In this method, we will give you a way in deleting the entry from Tun which definitely will stop the entry to run, and force it not to appear again anytime. However, the registry editor is a powerful tool that can delete the incorrect keys which may render your computer unusable and induce further problems on your computer.
Follow the last method below to make sure that igfxTray Module will stop anymore!
First, you need to press Windows + R to open Run, then type Regedit, enter.
- After you’re in the registry editor, navigate to the following file path HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- Then, you can delete the entry “C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe”. Deleting by Run will ensure you that the process does not start when your computer is starting.
- Now, you can restart your computer.
You can also check if the problem at hand got solved.
How if all the methods above do not solve the problem?
You may wonder how if all the methods cannot give you the solution in disabling the igfxTray Module. If it happens, of course you have to take the greatest way to remove the igfxTray Module from your computer. Then, how to remove it?
In this case, you need to consider reinstalling the correct drivers. Then, look for your Intel HD/HUD graphic drivers and see which driver is really suitable for your computer. Then, after determining the driver, you need to head over to the device manager and update accordingly. You are also able to install the default drivers by uninstalling the driver and restarting your computer. So, the stock drivers automatically will get reinstalled.
How to remove igfxTray Module from your computer?
- First, you need to go to Control Panel
- Then, choose Uninstall a Program.
- You will find the list of programs, then, look for Intel® LDDM Ultra Mobile Media or Intel® Common User Interface.
- Now, you can double-click or right-click the program, choose Uninstall.
- Once you remove igfxtray.exe, you definitely can check if the way was successful.
- The next step, you have to restart the computer and use Windows Explorer to see if the folder of igfxtray.exe still exists in the C:\Program Files directory or not.
You need also to check the Registry and ensure that any files related to this process are removed. Then, if you find some entries, ensure that you delete the files and folders.