If you want to scan a documents or photos in Windows 10, there are a lot of ways to do that. There are a lot of circumstances which paper is still the preferred or default format. For instances, banking and government documents still shows up at the house in paper form.
You are able to scan document by using an app. You may want to know how to find the Windows scan app. If you want to scan your document by using Windows scan app, of course, you have to make sure that you have Windows Scan installed on your computer. If you want to check whether you have Windows scan installed or not, you are able to click on the Start menu and then click on All Apps. It is represented by an icon which looks like a bulleted list. Then, you have to scroll through the list until you are able to find the Scan app and then click on it. You need to know the ‘All Apps’ screen lists all of the apps in your computer in alphabetical order so that it makes you easy to find the apps that you need.
Downloading Scan App
If you then know that there is no Scan app, then you need to download it. How to do that? Follow the instructions below.
- The first thing that you have to do is clicking on Microsoft Store from the Start menu.
- After that, you have to click on the bar which says “Search” and then you have to type in “Scan”.
- Then, Windows Scan should be the first result which pops up in the dropdown menu and you have to click on it.
- Now, you have to click on the button labeled ‘Get’ on the next page and Windows Scan will begin downloading automatically.
- If it has been downloaded completely, you can click on Launch to open it.
Using The App for Scanning Documents
Now, it is time for you to scan a document in Windows by using the app.
- First, you have to check to make sure that your scanner is connected.
- If the scanner has been connected well, then you are able to choose the file type that you want from the Scan app’s menu.
- In this step, if you click on Show More in the menu of Scan App, you can adjust additional setting for your scan like resolution, color and folder to save your scan.
- Now, you have to position the document that you want to scan inside your scanner. It is able to be done either face-down on the scanner glass or face up in the scanner document feeder. It depends on the type of scanner that you have.
- If you are ready to scan, click on Scan button on the Windows Scan app.
- If the scan has finished, you can see it by clicking View on the scan app.
It is important for you to know that the scan will be saved in the Pictures folder of your computer unless you chose another location in the settings of the Scan app.