There are some solutions that you are able to apply when you find Intel Optane Memory Pinning Unable To Load DLL error. The first one is that you can try to refresh the current package of the driver which is installed by repairing the Intel Optane memory pinning extensions. And then, the second method is to remove the old pinning packages so that the error does not reappear after the next OS update.
How To Fix Optane Memory Pinning Unable To LOad DLL
How to refresh the current package of drivers which is installed by repairing the Intel Optane memory pinning extensions? You are able to follow the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open Programs and Features by pressing Windows key + R. Then, you have to type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and then click OK.
- Now, you have to find and highlight Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions.
- And here, you have to click on Repair.
Now, how to remove the old pinning packages so that the error does not reappear after the next OS update? You are able to follow the steps below.
- First, you have to open the Device Manager. You are able to open it by pressing Windows key + X. T
- Then, you have to expand the Software Components field.
- Here, you have to right click the Intel Pinning Shell Extensions field and then choose Uninstall Device.
- In this step, you have to check the box which states Delete The Driver Software For This Device and then click on Uninstall.
If you prefer watching the steps to fix this error in the form of videos, you are able to watch these videos on Youtube.
- A video of JC YU entitled How to Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error: ‘Unable To Load DLL ‘iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll’ which was uploaded on July 18th, 2020.
- A video of AarohanTechSol entitled Intel Optane Memory Pinning Unable to LOad DLL iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll Error on Updating Windows 10 which was uploaded on November 25th, 2019.
- A video of HalfGek entitled Fix Intel Optane Memory Pinning Error on Windows 10 May 2020 Update which premiered on June 8th, 2020.
- A video of Murugan S entitled [Solved] Intel Optane(tm) Memory Pinning Unable to Load DLL which was uploaded on October 23rd, 2019.
If you have done the two methods above but then you still see that the error is not gone, you are able to try to remove Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions. How to do that? You are able to access the Control Panel on your PC and then go to Programs and Features. There, you have to right click on it and then choose Uninstall. After doing it, you have to access the website of the manufacturer and then download the latest version of Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions. You have to install it on your computer.
If you still find the issue after you do all of the methods above, you are able to contact Intel Customer Support for getting help.
How Is The Appearance of The Error?
The error will appear on your computer in a blue box saying Intel Optane Memory Pinning. In addition, under this message, it is also written that Unable To Load DLL. Even it is also written that ‘iaStorAfsServiceApi.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007. This error appears randomly during the use of the system after a Windows 10 Update.
Why Can Optane Memory Pinning Unable To Load Dll Happen?
When you get Optane Memory Pinning Unable To Load Dll error, you may wonder why this error can happen. According to the Intel website, beginning with the 18.104.22.1687 Intel RST driver, the way the Intel Optane memory pinning components are installed was modified. At some point, if the driver was upgraded from an older driver such as 16.8.x to a version between 17.5.x and 17.8.x, the OS update may try to reapply the installation files which are removed from the earlier versions. So, because of a compatibility issue, an error message can appear on your PC. However, it is important for you to know that a system with factory installed or fresh OS installation of Intel RST drivers between 17.5.x and 17.8.x are not affected by this problem.
What Is The Intel Optane Memory
When you get an error of the Intel Optane Memory, you may wonder what the Intel Optane Memory is in the computer. It can be defined as a smart technology which acts as a track keeper of your various frequently used programs including documents, apps, pictures, files, audios, videos, to store them even after you shut down the system. In 2017, Intel Optane Memory was first introduced by Intel along with the 7th generation. It is useful when you use an old and slow mechanical driver. According to Intel, it is a new step in the memory field. Why? It is because it can help in quick data access. It is able to increase the responsiveness of your Laptop or PC and also reduce your time with its immediate results.
About The Unable To Load DLL Error
Talking about the Unable To Load DLL error, this error usually happens when you try to launch a program on your Windows computer. When you open a program on your computer, the program will call out a certain file of DLL to do the task, but if it is failed to be loaded, you will find a loading DLL issue.
Besides, Intel Optane Memory Pinning Unable To Load DLL, other issues related to Unable to Load DLL files can be various for different programs. Here are some usual error loading DLL messages.
- The dynamic library filename.dll failed to load.
- Steam – Fatal Error: Failed to load staemui.dll.
- Error loading dumcp.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading D:WINDOWScfdhtc.dll. Access is denied.
- And many more.
Why loading DLL files can be failed? Here are some reasons for it.
- The DLL file is not put in a directory specified in the path.
- The missing referenced DLL file.
- The DLL file is damaged because of a hard disk error.
- The DLL file is not able to be executed.
- The DLL file is not a Windows DLL file.
- There are infections of Spyware and adware.
- And more.