As a senior, you may want to test your knowledge about old trivia questions. Surely, the questions will relate to your life and also it may be able to remind you to the old things in the past. Here, we have some old trivia questions for seniors including the answers where you can read.
History Trivia Questions and Anwers
- There was a woman who denied to give up her seat on a bus in Montgomery, Alabama in 1955. Who was she?
The answer: Rosa Parks
- In what year World War II started and ended?
The answer: It started in 1939 and ended in 1945
- There was a woman who make a solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Who was she?
The answer: Amelia Earhart
- There was a president who resigned in 1974 over the Watergate scandal. Who was he?
The answer: Richard Nixon
- What did the thing which is added by US Postal Service in 1963 which is part of every address now?
The answer: zip codes
- In 1952, Dr. Jonas Salk successfully create a vaccine for a disease. What is the name of the disease?
The answer: Polio
- In 1957, there was the first satellite which was launched into orbit by Russia. What was the name of the satellite?
The answer: Sputnik
- Do you know in what year Disneyland open?
The answer: 1955
- In 1959, there was someone who overthrew Fulgencio Batista and became dictator of Cuba. Who is that person?
The answer: Fidel Castro
- There was a member of the royal family who became the head of state in Great Britain in 1953. Who is that member?
The answer: Queen Elizabeth II
- In 1958, who was the Premier of the Soviet Union?
The answer: Nikita Khrushchev
- There was a president of the United Stated who was in office from January 20, 1953 to January 20, 1961. Who was he?
The answer: Dwight D. Eisenhower
Music Trivia Questions and Anwers
- The Beatles was officially disbanded in …
The answer: 1971
- Tony Bennett possessed a number 1 hit in 1951. What is the name of the song?
The answer: “Cold, cold Heart?”
- Who was the writer of the Star Spangled Banner?
The answer: Francis Scott-Key
- There was a singer in 40s and 50s who had the nickname ‘Ol’ Blue Eyes’. Who was he?
The answer: Frank Sinatra
- Do you know the name of infamous estate of Elvis Presley which is located in Memphis, TN? What is it?
The answer: Graceland
- There was a famous song which was sung by Doris Day which was introduced in the 1956 Hitchcock thriller, The Man Who Knew Too Much. What is the name of the song?
The answer: Que Sera Sera
- You may listened to Twilight Time in 1958. What group did have this hit?
The answer: The Platters
- There was a singer who had smoky voice who sang Too Young in 1951. Who is the singer?
The answer: Nat King Cole
- Do you know who recorded Rock Around the Clock in 1955?
The answer: Bill Haley and the Comets
- You may know that B.J. Thomas sang a song entitled I Can’t Help It If I’m Still In Love With You in 1967. The first one who recorded it in 1951 was …
The answer: Hank Williams Sr.
- A song was recorded by The Coasters in 1959 with the line “You’re gonna need an ocean of Calamine lotion.” The name of this song is …
The answer: Poison Ivy
Pop Culture Trivia Questions and Answers
- There was a video game system which debuted in the 1970s and it had now iconic games like Pong and Pac Man. What video game system is it?
The answer: Atari
- There was a book about a bird on a journey of self-discovery which topped The New York Times best seller list for 38 weeks in 1970. What book is it?
The answer: Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- There was a musical genre which peaked with the 1977 release of the film Saturday Night Fever. What musical genre is it?
The answer: Disco
- Stephen King created the first novel which came out in 1974. What was the name of the novel?
The answer: Carrie
- There was a movie from the 1970s which was made a lot of people afraid to swim in the ocean. What movie was it?
The answer: Jaws
- Who is the creator of Muppets?
The answer: Jim Henson
- The name of the character which was played by Herve Villechaize in the TV series entitled Fantasy Island is …
The answer: Tattoo
- A singer-songwriter is considered by a lot of people to be the greatest electric guitar player of all time and died in 1970. Who is he?
The answer: Jimi Hendrix
- There was an aspiring rock and roll singer who came up on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1956. However, the singer could only be shown from the waist up. Who is the singer?
The answer: Elvis Presley
- There was a rising star who is young from the movie entitled Rebel Without a Cause who died in an automobile accident in 1955? Who is the star?
The answer: James Dean
Sports Trivia Questions and Answers
- The major sports award which Stanford quarterback Jim Plunkett win in 1970 is …
Th answer: Heisman
- What Olympic athlete set a record in 1972 by winning seven gold medals?
The answer: Mark Spitz
- There was the New York City Marathon which run until 1970. In what park was it?
The answer: Central Park
- Someone beat the Babe Ruth’s home run record in 1974. Who was he?
The answer: Hank Aaron
- In 1975, there was a hide which was first used to cover baseballs. What was it?
The answer: Cowhide
- Franco Harris put the Steelers in the AFC Championship game in 1972 with a miracle catch. The name of the catch is …
The answer: Immaculate reception
- In 1979, there was someone who became the first man to win the Daytona 500 six times. Who was he?
The answer: Richard Petty
- The first member of the Negro League which was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame is…
The answer: Leroy “Satchel Page”