Windows Spotlight is the name of the new featured offered by Windows 10. This one automatically sets the exceptional images from Bing as the lock screen background. Aside from that, it also allows you to submit the feedback for the certain background. Every single thing of it is not the ordinary image, instead all of them are high quality images and are exceptionally beautiful.
For those the Windows 10 users, you might have noticed that there is the small text that appears on the top right corner of the lock screen saying “Like what you see?”. Everytime you click on this text, you will get two options. The first one is saying that you want more and the second one is saying that you are not a fan.
This kind of thing that appears on the lock screen is because you have turned on Windows Spotlight feature for the lock screen and there is a possibility that it is turned on by default. Once again, if you click the “I want more” option, Windows will display more images to set as the lock screen background in the future. As the contrary of not being impressed with the background image that currently being displayed on the lock screen, you are able to click on “Not a Fan” to stop getting such kind of pictures.
Since now you have the idea what exactly is Windows Spotlight, for what purpose it is used, it is time for you to know the method to turn it on or off in Windows 10. Please read every word well and do not miss a single thing.
- The first thing that you have to do is to right click anywhere on your desktop and then click on Personalization. This one will open the Personalization category of Settings.
- From the Personalization widow, please tap on the Lock screen option.
- From the right pane, under the Background thing, you have to choose either Picture or Slideshow option from the drop down menu.
- If you choose Picture, then you are able to set the specific picture as your background. You can simply click on Browser in order to navigate through the image gallery.
- If you choose the Slideshow option, you will have to choose more than just one picture. In order to do this, first of all you have to add all the images that you want to slideshow in the folder. Then, from the Personalization window, press on “Add Folder” and select the folder containing your images.
- After that, you can close the windows and see if the lock screen background is now having the image that you have selected or the slideshow and Windows Spotlight is now turned off. If in the future you want to turn it on again, you can just simply from the Personalization tab, under the background drop down, again choose Windows Spotlight.
For further information about Windows Spotlight, do not forget to visit the official website of Microsoft.