Are you planning to connect your PC remotely? In this article, we will show you the instructions to use the Remote Desktop app for the successful connection on Windows 10. Please read it well and take your time.
On Windows 10, Microsoft introduced the new thing called Remote Desktop app, the name of the app which you are able to download from the Windows Store, and has the aim to make it easier for anyone to connect to another computer over the local network or the internet connection.
However, the Remote Desktop is just one piece of the puzzle. If you have a dream to successfully connect to the other Windows devices remotely you have to properly configure the computer you are trying to access and forward the correct port on the router.
How to allow remote connections on the PC? Using the Remote Desktop app means straightforward process, but the setup that you will need will depend if you are trying to initiate the Remote Desktop connection over the local network or the internet.
How to make the remote connection on your PC enabled? For those who are trying to start the remote connection inside the local network, you only have to make sure the computer that you are trying to access is configured to allow to handle Remote Desktop. Please take a note that Windows 10 Home does not include support for Remote Desktop connections, you are able to only enable this feature on Windows 10 Pro and business variants of the operating system.
Aside from the method to allow the remote connection and the method to enable remote connection on your PC, you also have to know the method to set up remote access over the internet, to set the static IP address for the PC, to find the public IP address, and to forward a port on the local router.
After your computer and network are configured properly to allow remote connections, here is to start the Remote Desktop connection:
- When you are on the device, you will be using to connect to the computer remotely, open the app named Remote Desktop.
- Click the add (+) button located in the top right corner.
- Press the Desktop.
- Enter the IP address or the name of the PC that you are trying to connect.
- Click “Add account”.
- Enter the information in order to sign in on the remote computer.
- Press the Save button.
- Press the save button again to add the connection to the list.
- On the list of available connections, please press “the computer to which you want to connect” to begin the Remote Desktop connection.
- If you get the certificate warning from the trusted computer, you have to check the option saying to not ask about the certificate again.
- Press Connect to complete the task.
If everything goes well, you will not be connected remotely to the computer inside the private network or over the internet.