Microsoft has introduced an app named Remote Desktop for Windows 10 that you are able to download from the Windows store. This one aims to make it easier for anyone to connect to another computer over a local network or an internet connection.
Apparently, Remote Desktop is able to be used on any Windows platform, iOs or Android devices to connect to any other machine irrespective of the geographical location. This one is also known as Remote Desktop Services (RDS) or Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). This thing is one of the services that offered by Microsoft Windows. It allows the user to remote access any system from any other computer.
A thing named Remote Desktop allows the users to connect to remote Windows PCs and access resources from those machines. The server component of Remote Desktop machines is terminal server. There is a thing named software user interface that will be transferred to the client system with Remote Desktop Services. Those may arise a particular situations when a person sitting on the system that may need data or the information present on some other system or colleagues sitting in any organization can seek or ask for help irrespective of the geographical location, so here it is the wonderful use of the Remote Desktop services that can help the user to retrieve the information or seek help from anyone in any part of the globe. Now, it is easy to access or connect to any computer or machine located at different places.
If you want to use the Remote Desktop on the Windows 10 PC or on the Windows, Android, or iOS device to connect to the PC from afar, here are the things that you need to follow.
- Set up the PC that you want to connect to so it will allow remote connections:
- On the device that you want to connect to, choose Start > Settings > system > Remote Desktop and turn on Enable Remote Desktop.
- Please take a note of the name of the PC under “How to connect this PC” as you will need that later.
- Use a thing called Remote Desktop to connect to the PC you set up:
- On the local Windows 10 PC: In the search box on the taskbar, you have to type Remote Desktop Connection and choose Remote Desktop Connection. In the Remote Desktop Connection, please type the name of the PC that you want to connect to (from the first step) and then choose Connect.
- On the Windows, Android, or iOS device. Open the app named Remote Desktop, that is available for free from Microsoft Store, Google Play Store, and Mac App Store, and add the name of the PC that you want to connect to (from the first step). The next thing that you have to do is to choose the remote PC name that you added. After that, wait for the connection to complete.