Do you want to save the media on your WhatsApp? You may want to do that from your iPhone to your PC. No wonder why you want to do it because you may be afraid that your media files can be lost. Here we will give you some methods that you can apply for transferring WhatsApp Media from iPhone to PC.
Transferring Media of WhatsApp from iPhone to PC By Using iTunes
You want to transfer WhatsApp media from iPhone to PC, but you do not know how to do it.Well, you can do it with iTunes. Note that if you use this method, you cannot see the WhatsApp backup files on the computer directly. So, how to apply this method to transfer WhatsApp media from iPhone to PC? Follow the instructions below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to connect your iPhone to computer. You can do that with a USB cable. And then, launch iTunes.
- After that, on the left menu, you have to click on Summary.
- When you are on the backups section, you must choose This Computer on the left. After that, you have to click Backup Now on the right. Then, a full backup of your iPhone will be saved on the computer including your Whatsapp data.
Transferring WhatsApp Media From iPhone to PC Using USB Cable
It is the easiest method that you are able to use for transferring WhatsApp photos or media to PC. However, it is important for you to note that this method can be applied if you have not disabled WhatsApp from Saving Photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone.
If you do not know whether your WhatsApp is saving Photos to the Camera Roll on your iPhone, you are able to check it by opening WhatsApp and then tap on Settings icon. After that, choose the Chats tab and then you are able to see whether the Save To Camera Roll option is toggled on. If you see that the option is toggles On, then you are able to transfer the media from your WhatsApp in your iPhone to PC by using this method. How to do that? Follow the instructions below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to connect your iPhone to Windows computer by using lighting to USB cable.
- After that, you have to unlock your iPhone by entering your Lock Screen Passcode or using Touch/ Face ID. It is important for you to know that your data will not show up on your computer if you do not unlock your phone.
- In this step, you have to open up the File Explorer on your Windows PC and then you have to click on your iPhone from the left-side menu.
- Here, you have to double click on the Internal Storage folder.
- You have to choose all the folders that you see and if the folders are chosen, then you have to drag and drop the folders onto your desktop.
- Next, you have to wait for your Windows computer to finish transferring all the photos. If the process of transferring has been done, then you are able to unplug your iPhone from your PC.
Transferring WhatsApp Media from iPhone to PC Using iCloud Drive
You are also able to transfer WhatsApp media from iPhone to PC by using iCloud Drive. How to do that? You can see the instructions below. If you use this method for transferring WhatsApp media from iPhone to PC, and then you find that the Save Photos to camera roll option is disabled in WhatsApp, you are still able to transfer the photos to your computer, but the process may be a bit longer.
- The first thing that you have to do is to open WhatsApp on your iPhone and then you have to tap on the Chats tab.
- When you are on the Chats screen, you have to swipe left from the right on the Contact for which you want to transfer WhatsApp Photos from iPhone to Pc.
- After that, from the slide-over menu which comes up, you have to tap on the More option.
- Then, on the pop up menu which comes up, you have to tap on Export Chat.
- In the next step, you have to tap on Attach Media.
- Now, WhatsApp will create a file to export. If WhatsApp has created a file, you will be asked to choose how you want to share the file. You are able to choose the Save To Files option.
- After that, you have to choose iCloud Drive as the folder that you want to transfer the WhatsApp Chat to and then you have to tap on Add from the top right corner of your screen.
- If you see that there are more Contacts, you are able to repeat steps 2 to 7 above for each Contact that you want to transfer Photos from.
- If you have covered all your WhatsApp Contacts, now you have to access iCloud site at icloud.com by using your PC. There, you have to sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone.
- In the next screen, you have to click on iCloud Drive.
- When you are in iCloud Drive, you will see that there are all your WhatsApp chats as zip files. What do we have to do here? In this step, you have to click on the zip files name to download the folder to your PC. For your information, in the zip file, there will contain your chat history and also all photos which are shared between you and the Contact.
- In case of a lot of contacts, you are able to click on all the zip files names and then you are able to download them to your PC.
Transferring WhatsApp Media From iPhone to PC Using Email
- First, you have to open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
- In WhatsApp, tap on the Chats tab from the bottom of your screen.
- When you are in the Chats screen, you have to swipe left from right on the Contact for which you want to transfer WhatsApp media from iPhone to PC.
- From the slide-menu, tap on the More option.
- Then, you have to tap on the Export Chat option.
- Next, tap on the Attach Media option.
- Now, if WhatsApp has done creating a chat file to export, there will be another slide-up menu which prompts you to choose how you want to share the chat file. Here, you have to tap on the Mail option.
- If the Mail App opens, fill in your Email address in the To Field and then type a subject and tap on Send from the top right corner.
- Tap on Use Mail Drop now.
- If the mail is sent from your iPhone, open your PC and then log into your Email Account and open the Email that you had just sent to yourself.
- When you open the email, you have to click on the iCloud download icon which can be found beside the Download Attachment heading.
- Then, all the media from WhatsApp for specific Contact will be downloaded to your PC in a folder.