In this page, we are going to share some methods to save text messages from Android phone to computer. Please look at the text below to find out those methods.
METHOD 1: EXPORT TEXT MESSAGES FROM ANDROID TO COMPUTER BY USING ANDROID DATA RECOVERY
Android Mobile Recovery not only can help you export the existing text messages from your Android device, but also can transfer the messages that you removed before to the computer. This is a professional Android data recovery tool to export the existing and removed text messages from Android to computer. Android Mobile Recovery gives more functions like recovering different types of files (SMS, contacts, call logs, videos, music, photos, apps, etc) from your Android. In this time, we are going to share the steps on how to use this Android data recovery tool to backup text messages from Android to the computer. Here are steps:
Firstly, you have to launch the program and make sure that your Android is open to USB debugging and your mobile phone is rooted.
- Export text messages from your Android device to computer. Now, you have to choose the Messages button on the menu when the scanning process is done. You are going to view all the text conversations on the right panel. Please choose the text messages that you want to export or restore. Then, simply press on the Recover icon to save all the text messages on your computer.
METHOD 2: COPY TEXT MESSAGES FROM ANDROID PHONE BY USING THE ANDROID APP
You will be able to take full advantage of the applications of Android to find out the question of how to export text messages from Android to the computer, such as the Android apps of SMS Backup & Restore and SMS Backup+. Now, we are going to explain the operating steps of using SMS Backup & Restore and SMS Backup+ for you to get started on how to download text messages from Android to the computer.
Part 1: Using SMS Backup & Restore
You have to know that SMS Backup & Restore is one of the Android SMS transfer apps to transfer SMS from Android to PC. It will allow you to export SMS on Android devices to Google Drive, Dropbox or Email, and then download them to PC. Here are the steps:
- At the first step, you have to go to Google Play Store to download the SMS Backup & Restore and then follow the instructions to install the app and run it on your Android device.
- The second step, you are able to click the Backup button when you run the app. Automatically, a pop-up window is going to show up and you have to complete. Select the text messages and give a name. Next, you have to navigate at all Conversations.
- In this step, you will need to choose “Local Backup and Upload” under the section of “Backup Location” and press on one of the locations that you want to upload, such as Google Drive, Email or Dropbox. Please tap the button of “BACK UP” to save your messages. Back to your computer and you are able to log in your Google Drive, Dropbox or Email account on PC to download the messages that you import.
Part 2: Using SMS Backup+
Based on the research, using SMS Backup+ is more complex than using SMS Backup & Restore to download text messages from Android to PC. You will need a Gmail account because SMS Backup+ requires the IMAP to access the Gmail account. The steps are below.
- Firstly, you have to sign in your Gmail account and go to the Settings on Gmail, press on Forwarding and POP/IMAP to check whether Enable IMAP is selected. Now, you are able to download the SMS Backup+ and run it on your Android.
- After that, you are able to tap on the option of Connect and select your Gmail account to connect. Please hit on “ALLOW” to grant the permission, click on the “Backup” when a pop-up window prompts you for the first backup. Then, the app is going to start to back up your messages in your Gmail account.
METHOD 3: SAVE TEXT MESSAGES TO COMPUTER FROM ANDROID BY EMAIL
You are able to take the Android SMS transfer to the computer by using the Email app which comes with the system if you do not want to use any third-party apps to download Android messages.
Step 1: Choose the messages that you want to export.
At the first step, you have to open the “Messages” app on your Android phone, please enter one contact that you sent the messages before. You need to long-press the messages on the screen and choose the messages that you want to export.
Step 2: Android SMS transfer to PC/Mac.
You have to choose the dotted button on the top right corner on the screen, please tick the Share icon, press on the button of Email, and then write the address. Next, click Send to export the messages to your email account. On your computer, you are able to log in your email account and receive the mail which attached the messages from your Android device. Please click the download button to export SMS from Android to the computer.
METHOD 4: TRANSFER MESSAGES TO PC USING SAMSUNG KIES
Samsung Kies is an official app that is made by Samsung. It is suitable for Samsung users only. Therefore, if you are a user of Samsung, you are able to follow the steps below.
- At the first step, you have to download Samsung Kies. Please download, install and run Samsung Kies on the computer in advance.
- After that, you have to connect Android Device to PC. Next, you are able to grant the app when asking on your Android phone.
- Now, you are able to back up messages to the PC. In this step, you have to select the Backup tab on the upper. Click the messages option on the interface. In the last step, please tap on the Backup icon on the top right. Samsung Kies will start to back up the messages to the PC.