If you are looking for the way to fix Ethernet Connection on Windows 10, so you are able to read this entire article because here we are going to share some ways to fix Ethernet Connection Windows 10.
Before continuing, you need to ensure to follow these basic steps:
- You need to try to connect the Ethernet cable to another port on the router because chances are the particular port might be damaged.
- You have to try to use another cable because the cable itself might be damaged.
- You have to try to unplug the cable, then reconnect again.
- You have to try to connect the Ethernet to another PC to view if the issue is resolved.
Here, are some methods to fix Ethernet Connection on Windows 10:
METHOD 1: RUN NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTER
- Firstly, you have to press Windows Key + I to open Settings. Then, you have to click on Update & Security.
- From the left-hand menu, you have to select Troubleshoot.
- Under Troubleshoot, you need to click on Internet Connections. Then, click Run the troubleshooter.
- Please follow further on the screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
- Now, you can reboot your PC to save changes.
METHOD 2: RESET THE ETHERNET ADAPTER
- You need to press Windows Key + I for opening the Settings. Then, click on the Network & Internet icon.
- From the left-hand menu, you have to click on Status.
- After that, under Status, you need to scroll down to bottom and then click on Network reset link.
- On the Network reset page, you have to click on “Reset now” button.
- Now, you have to try again to connect the Ethernet with PC. Then, see if you can fix Ethernet not Working in Windows 10 or not.
METHOD 3: ENABLE ETHERNET DEVICE AND UPDATE DRIVERS
- Please, press Windows Key + R and then type devmgmt.msc. Just hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Please expand Network adapters, then you are able to right-click on your Ethernet device and select Enable. For note: If it is already enabled, then skip this step.
- Now, you have to right click again on it and then please select Update Driver.
- After that, you are able to select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let it install any new drivers available automatically.
- Please reboot your PC to save changes and check again if you can fix Ethernet not working in Windows 10 or not. If not, you can go to Device Manager again and right-click on your Ethernet device. Choose Update Driver.
- Now, you can choose “Browse my computer for driver software.“ Then, click “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.“
- Please choose the latest Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller driver and then click Next.
- Just install the new drivers and reboot your PC.
METHOD 4: ENABLE ETHERNET CONNECTION
- You can press Windows Key + R. Please type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter to open Network Connections.
- After that, you must right-click on Ethernet connection and choose Enable.
- This is going to enable the Ethernet connection, then you can try again to connect to the Ethernet network.