Coming to this page to get the ways of how to fix chrome side by side configuration incorrect is totally right for you. However, fixing Chrome side by side configuration incorrect is such a must-way to make Chrome better performance. So, let’s see how to fix it!
How to Fix Chrome Side by Side Configuration Incorrect
When you open Chrome, you may find that Chrome cannot start because of side-by-side configuration incorrect. Of course, you may be confused why it happens to your Chrome even if there is no error on your Chrome. However, this error can occur in many games and apps even Microsoft Office that cause you not to be able to open Chrome. Whereas to fix the error, there are some great and easy ways to fix it.
An error which occurs on Chrome because of side-by-side configuration incorrect is definitely discussed by some members on Microsoft Forum. There was a member named MaxWidstrom who asked the question on the forum related to the error of side-by-side configuration incorrect. He definitely was looking for ways to fix Chrome side-by-side configuration incorrect. Surprisingly, there were many users who answered his question. You can access the thread here.
They gave the solution to fix Chrome side-by-side configuration error listed below!
Solution 1: Uninstalling and Reinstalling Google Chrome
- First, you need to press Window Key + X key.
- Then, choose Control Panel (Set view by as small icons)
- After that, go to the Control Panel. Select Program and Features. Then, select Google Chrome.
- Click Uninstall.
- Once you’ve uninstalled Google Chrome, you need to download Google Chrome again at https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html.
- Then, install it again on your PC.
Note: Before you uninstall Google Chrome, make sure that you have backed up all the data before uninstalling. It is because Microsoft does not encourage the use of third party apps and software as it may damage your computer. So, Microsoft will not be responsible for any damage caused. Protecting your computer at some risks is totally a must.
Solution 2: Reinstall Chrome by Removing Old File
Apart from the first solution, you can also reinstall Google Chrome by removing the old file. You may ever get the error “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\65.0.3325.181\65.0.3325.181.MANIFEST”. So, it is time to remove the old file by following some steps below!
- First, go to your Library.
- Then, find Local Disk C. Choose program Files to find Google Chrome file.
- Once you find it, you can remove the old file “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\65.0.3325.181\65.0.3325.181.MANIFEST”.
- After that, you can reinstall Google Chrome by downloading it again from the link we mentioned above.
Well, those are some solutions that we got from some forums on how to fix Google Chrome side-by-side configuration Incorrect.
How to Fix Application Side-by-side Configuration is Incorrect Windows 10
Well, fixing the application because of side-by-side configuration incorrect here is not just Google Chrome. But it also can be used for other apps on Windows which may be affected by this error. When both solutions above cannot solve your problem, well, you can take some other ways shown below!
Way 1: Run System File Checker
- First, you can type in Command Prompt in the search box. Then, right-click the result to Run As administrator.
- After that, enter sfc/scannow in the Command Prompt and hit Enter to perform System File Checker. Then, the file will start to scan all the system.
- Once the verification is 100%, it is time to restart your computer to see if the app can start well.
- If the problem is hard to solve, you can go back to the command prompt, they type two commands: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Once it finishes, close the windows and restart your PC. Then, check if it works.
Way 2: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
Before you decide to fix the error, make sure that you already know about Visual C++. This is a programming language and most of the time you have it installed by default. Then, the only tricky part about the Visual C++ installers is that there are many versions. So, the error may happen on one of the versions.
- First, you need to go to the Control Panel.
- Choose Program and Features to find all the Microsoft Visual C++ xxx Redistributable packages.
- Once you find it, right-click to Uninstall them one by one.
- After that, it is time to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable by downloading it first through the link that we will show at the end of this way.
- After downloading it on your PC, you have to install it.
- Last, you need to restart your PC and check Microsoft Visual C++ again.
In this way, you will find Windows 10 has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Link to Download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable:
Way 3: Remove Configuration Conflicts Automatically
To remove it automatically, you will need an app named Advanced SystemCare. Then, to use it, you can do any ways below!
- First, you have to download Advanced SystemCare here.
- Then, install and run it on your PC.
- After that, you can check the box of Select All. Choose to Scan.
- Then, Advanced SystemCare will be scanning your registries, files and startup programs and many more.
- Select Fix to remove the problematic items automatically on Windows 10.
- After Advanced SystemCare works well, you can check whether the app has failed to start because side-by-side configuration is incorrect to not pop up again.
Way 4: See an Error from Event Viewer
When you get pop up it says that the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect, so you will be allowed to see it on event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool. Then, to see it using an Event Viewer, you can follow these ways below!
- First, open Event Viewer.
- Once you are on Event Viewer, go to Windows Log, choose Application.
- Then, check the event logs of apps in the middle pane.
- From this step, you may not only find the error of side-by-side configuration incorrect, but also the issue Activation context generation failed.
- Then, try to fix it by moving on more steps.
Besides the step above, you can also try to create a system restore to repair Windows 10 or reset your Windows system to allow the application to work well. Then, set the right configuration.