Sometimes, smartphones drop on the floor accidentally and then something wrong happens with your device. The screen may be black or broken. Now, the thing that you think may be how to recover the file. If the USB debug is turned on, you can recover it easily. USB debugging is a way that you can do to promote the connection between an android device to your PC so you can access your phone from your PC and then transfer the data. But, how to do it?
Enabling USB Debugging on Android with Broken Screen Using OTG Adapter and A Mouse
If you want to extract data from your device which has been broken, you are able to recover the data back to the device. The thing that you need for doing this is a USB mouse and USB OTG adapter to make the cursor move on your android device. Through this mouse and also OTG, you will be able to control your device easily. You are able to follow the steps for doing it below.
- The first step that you have to do is to check the COMMS section of your device to be able to find out that it will support the OTG and mouse.
- After that, you have to download any OTG detector app. It is available on Play Store and you are able to choose any of the available OTG detector apps there. It will be used for checking compatibility and getting control on your device.
However, it is important for you to know that now you are able to control your mobile screen easily through this method if the screen is not responsive but working. It may not be able to work on black screen or broken screen because there would be issues on visibility.
Also, you need to make sure that before you connect the mouse, your device must be full charged or plugged in. Why? It is because it would drain the battery fast. What can we do if this method cannot work? If you have done thi method but it seems that it does not work with your device, then you are able to try to apply the next method below.
Enabling USB Debugging with Broken Screen Using ADB Command
Do you know that every android device is packed with a tool SDK to be able to debug faults in Android devices? Well, it does. The SDK has a tool and the name is ADB. It permits your device to be able to connect with your PC and also insert some commands to permit the USB debugging. Do you want to apply this method? Then, you have to follow the steps below carefully.
- The first thing that you have to do is to download ADB for your Windows. Then, do not forget to install it. After you download and install it, now you have to launch it while the broken Android is connected.
- In this step, usually ADB must open USB debugging on your device. However, now the option is off on your broken android. So, what do we have to do here? Well, do not panic. You have to boot your device into ClockworkModRecovery mode. How to make our device in that mode? To make your device in ClockworkModRecovery mode, you have to press the Power button + Home + Volume Up/ Down.
- After that when you have set your phone to be in the recovery mode, you have to type the command for the process. The command that you have to enter is: adb devices.
- Here, you are able to start backing all the data on your phone. You can do that by typing the same command prompt: adb pull / data / media / clockworkmod / backup ~ / Desktop / Android-up
It is important for you to know that this process is risky and a little bit complicated. If you do not have knowledge about computers and commands, it is better for you not to apply this method. It is because if you make a simple mistake, it will be able to damage your phone completely.
Recovering Data From Broken Screen Android Without Having To Use USB Debugging
Do you know that you are able to recover data from an android phone with a broken screen without having to enable USB debugging? Well, you can do it and the thing that you need is the Broken Android data extraction. It is an application for android users to be able to recover data from broken/ black / locked android phones but you do not have to enable USB debugging.
However, it is important for you to know that Broken Android Data extraction can recover data from Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus/S7/S6/S5/S4/Note 7/6/5/4. How to recover android data without enabling the USB debugging? We have the steps for you.
- The first thing that you have to do is install and then launch the Broken Android Data Recovery on your PC. You can use a USB wire to be able to connect your Android to PC. After that, choose the mode of Broken Android Phone Data Extraction on the left side of the screen.
- You have to note that if the connected android device is broken because of black, broken or unresponsive touching screen, you have to click on the Start button to confirm the name of your phone and model. However, if your android device has crashed or something wrong in the android OS, you have to fix the android to normal status for continuing. Here, you must tick Fix Device and then go to the next step.
- You have to follow the instructions of the screen to enter the Download mode and then you have to click the Start button to start scanning for files or download firmware to fix the issues of the system.
- In this step, all contents in your android will be scanned out. Then, you will be able to see the results which will be shown in categories for your selection. You have to tick off the data types that you want to get back and then you have to click the button to Recover.