The Bing search engine includes a Search History setting which enables you to delete search results individually or clear all of your previous searches. Clearing your history will be able to minimize the risk of other people snooping through your Internet research, particularly if you work at a shared computer. Also, you are able to control this recording of your searches by choosing the “On” or “Off” options in the History sections.
How to clear your Bing search history?
Bing on the browser
- Your history for all the things you search for using Bing are stored on your Microsoft account To clear your Bing search history, you are able to go to your Microsoft account’s privacy settings, and then sign in.
- After signing in, you are going to see your account’s Privacy dashboard. You have to scroll down to the section of Search History.
- Then, you have to click a button of View And Clear Search History.
- This will be able to open the Activity History tab of your dashboard, and also puts the focus on your past searches. Now you want to clear your entire search history, so you have to click the “Clear Activity” link at the top right of your search list.
- You are going to be asked confirm your action. If you want to remove your entire search history, please go ahead and click the “Clear” button. In other cases, if you do not want to remove everything, you are also able to scroll down to view your search history.
- Under each individual search entry, you are going to notice two links, please click “Delete” to get rid of that search result.
- Finally, you have clear all Bing search history.
If you find that you are using Bing, and coming to clear your history every once in a while, you are able to use private browsing so that searches are not stored in the first place.
Bing on Android App (for Tablets)
- To clear all Bing search history on Android, firstly you are able to open the Bing app. Then, tap the “Menu” button to open the drop-down list, tap “Settings” to display the Bing Settings screen.
- After that, you have to tap “Search” in the General Settings section to open the Settings page. Please tap “Go to Search History” to open the Search History section. And tap “View your searches” to open your search list.
- Now, you are able to tap “Edit search results.” Each search item includes an “X” button to delete this item. Please tap “X” to remove items one at a time. Next, tap “Clear” to remove all items, and tap “Clear All” to confirm. The Recent Searches section displays this message: “You have cleared all your search history.” Just tap “Return to Settings.”
Bing on iOS App
For those who want to clear all Bing search history on iOS, here are steps to do:
- At the first step, you have to launch the Bing app and tap the icon that looks like a bulleted list.
- Then, you are able to tap “Settings.”
- Now, tap the Safe Search/Clear History.”
- The next step is to click at Go to Search History.
- Lastly, you are able to tap Clear All, and tap Clear All again to confirm this action.
Bing track your searches
Most search engines, like Bing, Google and Yahoo record your every query down to the latest route you mapped out or which research question you asked about. Bing, Microsoft’s search engine collect information.
Here are several information you need to know:
Computer cookies are morsels of text files which signify your computer, and track information you search for. Bing plants cookies in your computer when you use it. Cookies are able to store your city or ZIP code to give you local information in search results or remember your location in mapping functions. Also, Cookies can store passwords and frequently typed information, such as your email address, so that you do not have to retype the information for frequently visited sites. Cookies will be able to be helpful, but may make some people feel uncomfortable. It can be removed manually, blocked or disabled by the user.
Also, Bing’s cookies can track and remember searches that you have created. Bing has paid advertisements included in their search results. In the user agreement on the Bing website, by using the search engine you are giving Microsoft your permission to sell the search information it gathers to its advertisers with hopes targeting ads to you which you will find more useful. Of course, you are able to opt out of its targeted advertising by modifying your browser settings to remove these cookies.
Sending Out a Web Beacon
Web beacons are small electronic images which take information from Bing’s cookies to Microsoft wesite. Also, Web beacons can be attached to promotional email and newsletters to see whether people are opening the emails and clicking on the links. Those emails and clicks are tracked by Microsoft. By using Bing search, you may be landing on the pages that contain those beacons which are tracked by Microsoft.
Check Your Browser Settings
You are able to modify your browser settings so that they block cookies. In Internet Explorer, the feature is located in the Privacy tab which is located under the Internet Settings in Tools. In Mozilla Firefox, the feature is located in the Privacy panel under Options. You still be able to use Bing even though you disabled this tracking feature. Also, you are able to allow your browser accept cookies and remove them later if you want the tracking information removed.
Opt Out by Logging Out
You are able to log out of your Microsoft Account before using Bing, that makes it harder for Bing to track your searches. If you opt out, you will not get the most accurate or complete search engine results and will not be able to get local information.
You have got History
If you are concerned about others who share your computer tracking your searches, you need to adjust the privacy settings on your browsers to remove cookies of information stored on it. Also, you are able to clear out the browser history and the browser cache, deleting traces of sites you visited to keep your searches private.