You may ever wonder why your printer status is offline. Apparently, there are some reasons for this problem. Do not worry about that because you are going to find the steps to make your printer online in Windows 10.
Based on the research, usually the printer mostly go offline due to paper jams, printer going out of the paper and minor network connectivity problems. But, sometimes the problem can also be due to printer drivers being out of date or corrupted and other hardware related problems. In theory, your printer should come back online when the reason for it being offline is found and fixed. This is true in case of problems like paper jam, printer going out of the paper and minor hardware problems which are preventing the printer from being available online.
So, what can you do to change your printer status from offline to online in Windows 10? If you have this problem, so you are able to do some steps below.
HOW TO CHANGE PRINTER STATUS TO ONLINE IN WINDOWS 10
- At the first step, you have to click on Windows 10 Start button. Then, click on the Device Manager Option in the Menu which appears.
- On the Device Manager Screen, you need to click on the Action tab in the top menu and then do not forget to click on Devices and Printers option in the drop down menu.
- After that, on the Devices and Printers screen, you have to right-click on the Offline Printer. Then, you are able to click on See what’s printing option in the contextual menu.
- On the next screen, you have to click on the Use Printer Offline option in order remove the tick mark on this item. Now, you need to wait for the printer to come online.
- When the printer comes online, so it should start printing whatever was in the print queue.
If the option to change printer online is grayed out. Or if your printer comes online briefly and then goes back offline again, so this is time for you to troubleshoot the printer issue on your computer.
- The first thing you have to do is to click on Windows 10 Start button. Then, click on the Settings Icon.
- On the Settings screen, you have to click on the Devices option.
- After that, on the Next Screen, you can click on Troubleshoot option in the side menu. Please, click on the Printer option.
- In the Expanded Printer Menu, you have to click on Run the Troubleshooter Option.
- Please allow the Windows Troubleshooter to run. It is going to come up with suggestions to fix the problem. For this case the suggestion was to make the printer as the Default Printer. The suggestion in your case may be to update the driver or anything else.
- The next step, you have to click on Apply This Fix, and follow the next instructions.