You may want that your monitor look fresh. Now, you think that the colors of your monitor look washed out or off on your monitor. You can change the color by applying the correct color profile so that your monitor can be look good.
In Windows 10, a color profile is a set of information that instructs the system how colors should appears on the screen. If you use the appropriate profile for a device, you will be able to see colors as intended by the manufacturer. If you think that you are seeing colors which are not rendering correctly in your Windows 10, it does not mean that you have a problem with your monitor. But, you need to resolve it by using the Color Management because it could be a color profile problem.
If you want to install and assign a custom color profile, you are able to follow the steps below.
- You have to go to the All Profiles tab when you are in Color Management and then choose Add…
- Then, you have to navigate to the color profile that you want to add and choose Add so that the profile will be added to the list.
- If you want to assign a color profile to a device, you have to go to the Devices tab and then choose your display device in the Device drop-down.
- Now, choose the Use my settings for this device checkbox. It will permit you to make changes to that device’s color profile settings.
- Choose the Add… button and then choose the profile that you want to use for the device and then choose OK.
- If you wish that you can use this profile as the default profile for this device, you are able to to do that by selecting it in the list and then choose Set as Default Profile.
If you find that something goes wrong, or you want to revert the changes, you are able to reset the color profile settings on your Windows 10 to the default color profile and you can do that by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is opening Start.
- Then, you are able to search for Color Management and then click the top result to be able to open the experience.
- Here, you have to click on the Devices tab.
- After that, you have to click on the Profile button.
- In this step, you have to use the Device drop down menu and then choose the monitor that you want to reset.
- Now, you need to choose the Reset my settings to the system defaults option.
- If you have completed the steps, then the monitor that you chose will revert to its default color profile settings.
It is important for you to know that even though the Color Management tool permits you to set up custom profiles manually, you need to remember that monitors and also other devices generally install the suggested color profile during the setup process automatically. It means that the most of the time, you do not need to mess with these settings.