File Explorer in Windows 10 has many features that makes better interface and user friendly than Windows 8. You have to know that File Explorer is the program in your Windows 10 OS which lets you navigate to different files and folder.
File Explorer has the additional features than the previously Windows Explorer. Apparently, there are some ways to quickly launch File Explorer in Windows. The quickest way is Windows logo key+E. Other quick way, you just need to type “File Explorer” in the search bar “Ask me anything”. Then, it is going to open File Explorer directly.
- Quick Access
This is the lists recently accessed files and the frequently used folders.
- One Drive
It is similar to Google Drive that allows uploading and accessing from anywhere.
- File Sharing
It allows selecting and sharing files easily.
- Picture Tools
It provides you several basic image operations such as rotate, slideshows set as background, etc.
- File Menu
The file menu that allows the users to launch command prompt and windows Powershell.
This allows you to search the items specific to the current folder.
- Custom Navigation
This will allow left pane navigation using the ‘View’ tab on top.
- This PC
It is the new name of old computer name that was” My Computer”.
- Flat UI
It has flat look.
GETTING HELP WITH FILE EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 10
Here are some ways to get help with File Explorer in Windows 10:
- If you want a feature of new Quick access item to the list, you will have it simply from File Explorer. In this case, you are able to right click on the specified folder and select “Pin to quick access” option.
- If you want to launch File Explorer faster select “Pin to Start” or “Pin to taskbar” option. Or you are able also to follow the instructions in the diagram.
- If you want to get rid of associate degree item from Quick Access menu, easily you are able to select “Unpin from quick Access” option.
Sometime, there are some users who get File Explorer hangs once they click right click. If you get this issue, you do not need to worry, simply you are able to follow these steps below to get rid of your issue.
- You have to do is to press “Windows+x” and choose “command prompt (admin)”. Then, write “netsh” and hit enter, then press” Winsock reset“. Now you are able to restart your computer. It is going to fix your issue.
- You are able to try to uninstall the windows update. Of course, it is going to fix your issue. Here are some steps to uninstall updates:
- Type in Search box ”Windows update“.
- Then, please select “windows update settings“
- Select update history, uninstall updates and click on uninstall. All updates will be uninstalled.
- If you still face any problem with File Explorer, so you can try this step in command prompt as admin. For this way, you can run “sfc /scan now” and “powershell” in command prompt as admin. We think that it may fix your issue.