Earth is such a wonderful planet, with vast oceans, high mountains, deep lakes and dry deserts. For those who have kids, ask your kids to take a spin around the globe and see how many of these geography facts they know.
1. Which one is the tallest mountain on Earth?
a. Mt. Everest
b. Mt. Washington
c. Mt. Whitney
d. Mt. St. Helens
2. How many deserts are there in Africa?
3. Which is the biggest of the Great Lakes of North America?
a. Lake Erie
b. Lake Scary
c. Lake Gargantuan
d. Lake Superior
4. Which one is not a continent?
c. South America
5. What is the name of a place at which two streams flow together to form a larger stream?
6. Which one flows through the rainforests of Brazil?
b. Rio Grande
7. What was the reason of the Crater Lake of Oregon to form?
d. Volcano collapse
8. What is the name of a piece of land surrounded by water on three sides?
9. On which continent would you see the Andes mountains?
c. North America
d. South America
10. Which one is the tallest waterfall in the world?
a. Victoria Falls
b. Angel Falls
c. Yosemite Falls
d. Niagara Falls
You can test the knowledge of your kids by giving the geography quiz for kids above. When it is done, check the correct answers below.
1. A. Mt. Everest in Asia is named as the tallest mount in the world at 29,000 ft (8,840 meters) above the sea level.
2. B. There are three deserts in Africa: Sahara, Kalahari, and Namib
3. D. Lake Superior is the biggest of the five Great Lakes that are on the northern border of the United States. The other ones are Lake Ontario, Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and Lake Erie.
4. B. Alaska is not a continent. It is the 50th state in the United States that has a big land mass.
5. D. When two rivers come together and join in order to create one bigger stream it is called confluence.
6. A. The Amazon is named as the biggest river in the terms of volume and a lot of reseacrhers also think that it is also the longest river in the world.
7. D. The seventh deepest lake in the world called Crater Lake in Oregon was created after the collapse of Mountain Mazama, an ancient volcano. This one is 1,932 ft deep in the deepest part.
8. B. Peninsulas are known as the things surrounded by water on three side.
9. D. Andes mountains span the whole western coast of South America.
10. B. Angel Falls is the highest uninterrupted waterfall. This one is located in Venezuela