Bing Fun features a lot of quizzes and architecture is one of the topics. The questions about the architecture vary from the building, the architects and so on. One of the most popular architects that are usually featured on the quiz is called Antonio Gaudi.
For those who have no idea, Antonio Gaudi is probably the most original architect of all time. His great intricate, weeping forms made some noise at the turn of the 20th century. His most famous works that is considered as the world heritage include the Sagrada Familia.
If you want to nail every question related to Antonio Gaudi on the Bing Quiz, it is better for you to practice first. Here are the possible and similar questions that might be appear when talking about Antonio Gaudi and his creations.
1. Where does Antoni Gaudi come from?
2. What is the nickname of Antonio Gaudi?
a. King of the Catalans
b. God of Catalonia
c. God’s Architect
d. The Great Gaudi
3. Where was Antonio Gaudi born?
a. Madrid, Spain
b. Paris, France
c. Reus, Catalonia
d. Venice, Italy
4. What is Gaudi known for?
5. What is the inspiration of the Gaudi’s work?
c. His family
d. His life
6. The artistic style of Gaudi could be considered as?
7. What did Gaudi mostly do when he was young?
a. Observing nature
b. Playing games
c. Playing sports
d. Reading books
8. What is the characteristic of the buildings designed by Gaudi?
a. Straight and soft
b. Thick and wide
c. Soft and curvy
d. Grand and dark
9. In what age did Gaudi die?
10. Who was approached by Gaudi in 1882?
a. The Pope
b. The Monarch
c. The nan dressed in white
d. No one
11. How long has the building called La Sagrada Familia been under construction?
a. Less than 10 years
b. Less than 110 years
c. More than 110 years
d. More than 210 years
12. The first built design of Gaudi in 1883-8 was the summary houser for Manuel Vicens. What was the thing included in the design as the ads for the business?
a. Big numbers of tiles
b. The wooden tower
c. The fish pond
d. Sculptures of cotton mill workers
13. The Palau Guell (1886-9) was the first creation of Gaudi for his main patron known as Eusebi Guell. What is the name of the region, dear to them both, the building has numerous references to?
a. Basque Country
14. At the place called College of Santa Teresa de Jesus (1888-9), Antonio Gaudi took over the project that has been existed and built the upper floors of the slightly more sober building. For whom the building designed for?
a. Art school
c. Mayor of Barcelona
d. Religious order
15. Gaudi was heavily inspired by Gothic architecture when constructing the crypt of what was supposed to be the church at the Guell Colony. Which usual characteristic of Gothic churches did the architect attach good importance to avoiding?
a. Applied decoration
b. Fan vaulting
c. Flying buttresses
d. Arched windows
16. When Gaudi designed the thing named Bellesguard (1906-9), he had spent a great time studying mediaeval architecture, and partly restoring Palma Cathedral. What was the major source for the dwelling?
a. Castle keep
c. Hunting lodge
d. Gothic cathedral
17. The hugest project of Gaudi was for Guell Park. Do you think it was originally intended that anyone should live in the park?
a. I do
b. I do not
18. What is the form of a famed feature of Guell Park is the benches designed by Gaudi? Serpentine
b. Parallel lines
19. At the Cata Batllo, Gaudi redesigned the first floor flat and the whole facade of the building. What is the name of the new material used by him to make a great the effect on the front?
a. Broken glass
b. Broken tiles
c. Textured glass
d. Textured tiles
20. The Cata Mila (1906-10), which is also more known as La Pedrera, refers to a popular building in Barcelona. What does La Pedrera mean in English?
a. The Chimney
b. The Painting
c. The Wall
d. The Quarry
21. With the rising religious belief, Gaudi has spent the last 43 years of the life working on the famous basilica in Barcelona named the Sagrada Familia. Which one is the transept shown in the most photographs of the building?
22. What is the name of the creation that was taken by Antonio Gaudi at the time of his death in 1926?
a. Casa Batllo
b. Park Guell
c. Sagrada Familia
d. No one of them, he had retired
23. The early works of Antonio Gaudi are considered as?
a. Catalan Modernism
c. Greek Revival
d. International Modernism
24. Is it true that Antonio Gaudi was the only architect who worked on La Sagrada Familia?
a. Yes, it is. Antonio Gaudi was the only one that worked on the design.
b. No, it is not. There were more architects who worked on the design of the building.
25. In which year is La Sagrada Familia is expected to be completed?
How many questions are you confident to get the answers right? Do you think all the questions are easy? If you think you are still far from being good and you still need to know more, you are encouraged to take more quizzes and read more.
The topic about architecture is really interesting in the Bing Quiz. Apart from answering the usual questions about the architects and the creations, there is also one where you can arrange some buildings in order.