When you open your Windows 10 and then you try to listen to music or even play a game but unfortunately you are not able to listen anything. You might think that there must be something wrong with it. What can we do if this kind of issue happen?
Based on the official website of Microsoft at support.microsoft.com, there are several ways that you are able to do to fix the sound problems. You can try from the first method and if it does not work, you can go to the next method.
Running The Audio Troubleshooter
To run th troubleshooter, you have to type ‘audio troubleshooter’ in the search box on the taskbar and then choose Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results and choose Next. After that, you have to choose the device that you want to troubleshoot and continue through the troubleshooter.
You are also able to launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings. You can choose Start and then choose Settings and then choose System, choose Sound and then choose Troubleshoot.
Verifying That All Windows Updates Are Installed
If the method above does not work, you can try to use this method. In this method, you have to check for updates and to do that, you are able to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, choose Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- After that, you are able to do one of the following things:
If the status says that you are up to date so that you can go to the next tip.
If the status says that updates are available you have to choose Install now.
- Now, you have to choose the updates that you want to install and then choose Install.
- In this stage, you need to restart your PC and then see if your sound is working properly.
Checking Your Sound Settings
You are able to use this method if the previous method does not work. In this method, you have to check to make sure your audio devices are not muted and have been disabled. Follow the steps below.
- You have to right click the Speakers icon on the taskbar and choose Open Volume mixer.
- Here, you will be able to see a set of volume controls for your devices. You have to make sure that none of them are muted. If any of them are muted, you will see a red circle with a line through it beside the volume control. In this case, you have to choose the volume control to unmute.
- Now, you have to check your device properties to make sure that your devices have not been disabled by mistake. You can choose Start > Settings > System > Sound.
- Then, you need to choose your audio device and then choose Device properties. Make sure that you choose ‘Device properties’ for both the output and input devices.
- In this step, make sure that you see that the Disable check box is cleared for the output and input devices.