When you use a computer and you have to spend in front of it for hours, it is better if the brightness of the screen is right. It is to avoid your eyes to be tired fast. Also, if the brightness of your screen is to bright or even too dim, it will be annoying.
If you use Windows 10, there are several ways to change the brightness of your screen. Each method is easy to do and you can decide the brightness of your screen as you like. What methods do we can do? Here they are.
Changing Brightness in Windows 10 Using Action Center
If you want to change the brightness of your Windows 10’s screen by using action center, you have to follow the steps below.
- First step, you have to click on the Action Center icon and it can found in the taskbar to reveal the Action Center pane.
- After that, you have to click on the brightness tile to increase or reduce the display brightness. If you are not able to see the brightness tile, you are able to click on Expand button.
If you click on the brightness tile once, it will take the brightness to the next level. For example, if you click on the tile when the brightness is at 25%, the brightness will be increased to 50%.
Changing The Brightness in Windows 10 Using Settings
If you want to change the brightness to the correct screen display brightness, this is the best way. By using this method, you are able to increase and reduce the brightness one percent at a time. Follow the steps below.
- You have to open Settings and you can do it by clicking on its icon that you can find in the left side of the Start menu.
- After that you have to click on System at the home page of Settings.
- Now, you should see Adjust Brightness Level option with a slider to change the display brightness. If you are not able to see the option, you are able to click on Display by clicking on Settings > System > Display.
Changing Brightness in Windows 10 Using Control Panel
If you want to adjust or change the brightness in Windows 10 manually, this is the classic way to do. Here are the steps.
- First, you need to right click on the battery icon in system tray of taskbar and then you have to click Adjust Screen Brightness option to be able to open Power Options window.
- Now, you should see Screen brightness option with a slider at the bottom of the screen. You can move the slider towards the left of the screen if you want to reduce the screen brightness and if you want to increase the brightness you can move it towards to the right.
You are able to try any methods that you like. Then, if you cannot adjust screen brightness, you are able to try to fix it by updating display adapter drivers, enabling generic PnP monitor, updating generic PnP monitor driver, or deleting hidden devices under PnP monitors.