If you are new in having Windows 10, you may be still strange with everything there. You even do not know how to change the Power and Sleep settings in your Windows 10. It doesn’t matter because here we are going to tell you how to change the Power and Sleep settings in your Windows 10.
First, let’s talk about Power Settings. For your information, Windows 10 offers some power plans. It is done to be able to help you manage how your device uses power. If you set the different power settings, it can help you control system performance, conserve battery life or even both.
So, what are the power plans of Windows 1? By default, it comes with three power plans including Balanced, High performance and Power saver. Let’s find out the difference among these three plans.
- Balanced is the best plan for must users because this option can balance system performance and energy usage automatically by adjusting to full performance when you need it and power saving mode when you do not need it.
- High Performance is the best plan if you want to maximize screen brightness and increase system performance. If you choose this option, it uses more energy so it will drain your battery the fastest.
- Power Saver is the best plan if you want to extend your battery life. This option is able to save energy by reducing computer performance and screen brightness to give you the most juice from your current battery charge.
Now, how to set up or change the power options on Windows 10? You are able to do that by accessing your power settings so you can follow the steps below.
- First, you are able to type in ‘Power Options’ in the Windows 10 search bar.
- Then, you need to click on the Power Options control panel that you can find under the Best Match search results.
- After that, you have to select a power plan or you can click on Change plan settings so that you can modify a plan or created your own custom power plane.
How about Sleep Settings? If you set sleep mode, it can conserve energy by putting your computer into a low-power state and turning off your display when you are not using it. If you set sleep mode and then it wakes up, it will resume whee you left off.
Windows 10 permits your computer to sleep automatically and the setting of it let you select when the computer should go to sleep and if you want, you can decide when it automatically wake up. How to change the sleep settings?
- First, you have to go to the Power Options control panel.
- Then, you have to choose a power plan and then click on Change plan settings. There, you can set how long after being idle the display should turn off and when to put the computer to sleep.