Trivia is information and data which are considered to be of little value. Here, we are going to share Bags of Marbles Trivia. By the way, do you want to know some information about Bags of Marbles? Or do you want to test your knowledge about Bags of Marbles? Let us read these Bags of Marbles Trivia.
Bags of Marbles Trivia
1. A Bag of Marbles is a Second World War autobiographical novel by the French Jewish author Joseph Joffo.
2. The book was a phenomenal best-seller, being made into a major film 2 years later.
3. The Bag of Marbles novel was made into a film directed by Jacques Doillon in 1975.
4. A new film Un sac de billes was released in January 2017.
5. The Bag of Marbles novel use French language.
6. The Bag of Marbles has 380 page.
7. Autobiographical novel is the genre of Bag of Marbles novel.
8. Un sac de billes is the original title of the Bag of Marbles novel.
9. D Crater is the series of the Bag of Marbles novel.
10. The Bag of Marbles novel come from France country
Bags of Marbles – Plot summary
Joseph is an ordinary boy with ordinary interests. He dislikes lessons and enjoys playing the marbles with his friends. However, in 1941, when Paris is occupied by the Nazis, his childhood comes to an end. He is never before having known what it means to be a Jew. Joseph is forced to wear the yellow star. He do not want to wear a label announcing to the world that he is different. He creates his first business transaction with Zerati who is his friend from school. Then, his yellow star exchanged for a bag of marbles.
The racism that results from the occupation leaves only one possibility to Joseph and his brother named Maurice. They have to flee. Their father who owns a hairdressing salon advises them what to do when they leave. Although having been driven from their home because of their Jewish identity, they are told that they must never let anyone know that they are Jews.
Later, they are trying to escape from the grasp of Hitler and his S.S. when they infiltrate France. They travel through northern France to the militarized zone in the South. They cross the Demarcation Line with the help of Raymond. When they reach into safe France, they go to Menton via Marseille, where they spend a great day taking in the sea, something they have never seen before. Then, the boys spend 4 safe months in Menton with their brothers.
The boys spend the summer in glad with their parents. However, due to the surrender of the Italians, once they removed Mussolini in favor of Pietro Badoglio, and the arrival of the Germans in safe France, they must flee quickly to Moisson Nouvelle which is a camp for boys run by the Vichy government. Here the boys are safe for a while, and make lots of friends. One day once they accompany the lorry driver Ferdinand into Nice where he leads them, unintentionally, they straight into a Nazi trap. Then, they are taken to the Hotel Excelsior which is the Nazi headquarters in the region. Fortunately, they could escape a month later. Sadly, they learn of the arrest of their father that means it is no longer safe for the two youngsters to remain in Nice.
Joseph and Maurice travel north to see their sister when the autumn turns to winter. Maurice works in a bakery, while Joseph works for the owner of the village bookshop. Joseph returns to Paris after peace is announced. Finally, they are both re-united with their family in the salon, although sadly not their father, who perished in the Auschwitz concentration camp before the end of the war.
Bags of Marbles Trivia – Questions and Answers
1. A Bag of Marbles is a Second World War autobiographical novel by ___
Answer: the French Jewish author Joseph Joffo.
2. A Bag of Marbles tells the story of his flight, as a small boy, with his brother ___ to escape from Nazi occupied France to the Zone Libre.
3. Joseph Joffo was refused by lots of publishers before being encouraged by the newly founded publishing house___to get the help of an editor to publish the text.
Answer: Editions Jean-Claude Lattes
4. The book was a phenomenal best-seller, being made into a major film ___ years later.
5. The Bag of Marbles novel was made into a film directed by ___ in 1975.
Answer: Jacques Doillon
6. A new film Un sac de billes was released in January___
7. A graphic novel version (2012) by Vincent Bailly and Kris was nominated in ___
Answer: The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards as Best Reality-Based Work.
8. The Bag of Marbles novel use ___ language.
9. The Bag of Marbles has ___ page.
10. What is the genre of Bag of Marbles novel?
Answer: Autobiographical novel
11. What is the original title of the Bag of Marbles novel?
Answer: Un sac de billes
12. What is the series of the Bag of Marbles novel?
Answer: D. Carter
13. The Bag of Marbles novel come from ___ country
14. Which is version the Bag of Marbles novel became nominated in The Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards as Best Reality-Based Work?
15. Once into safe France they travel down to Menton via ___ where they spend a fantastic day taking in the sea – something they have never seen before.
If you want to improve your knowledge about the Bags of Marbles, of course you need to learn it more and more. For this case, you are able to read some sources related to the Bags of Marbles novel. Also, you are able to share, discuss and ask about the Bags of Marbles novel on forum. If you do that, we are sure that you are able to answers any questions related to the Bags of Marbles novel.