Does Windows 10 have a program of backup? For your information, Windows 10 includes two different backup programs. The first backup program is File History and the second backup program is Windows Backup and Restore. You have to know that the File History tool will saves the multiple versions of a given file automatically, so you are able to “go back in time” and restore a file before it was deleted.
So, how do you do to back up and restore in Windows 10? You do not worry about that and you do not need to go anywhere to find out that information because here we are going to share its information, so just keep staying on this page. See and read the explanation below.
USING FILE HISTORY TO BACKUP AND RESTORE IN WINDOWS 10
BACKUP YOUR PC WITH FILE HISTORY
If you want to use File History to back up to an external drive or network location. So, you are able to do some steps below:
- At the first step, you have to Select Start . Then, select Settings. Next, you can select Update & Security, Backup and Add a drive.
- After that, you have to select an external drive or network location for your backups.
RESTORE YOUR FILES WITH FILE HISTORY
If you are missing an important file or folder that you have already backed up, you do not worry about that because you are able to these steps below to get it back.
- In the search box on the taskbar, you have to type restore files.
- Then, you have to select Restore your files with File History.
- Please look for the file which you need.
- Afterwards, you are able to use the arrows to see all its versions.
- Once you find the version which you want, so you are able to select Restore to save it in its original location. To save it in a different location, you are able to right-click Restore. Then, select Restore to, and then just select a new location.
If you used Backup and Restore to back up files or make system image backups in previous versions of Windows, it may your old backup is still available in Windows 10. It means that you can find your back up made on previous versions of your Windows. For this case, in the search box on the taskbar, you are able to type control panel. Then, you have to select Control Panel, System and Security, Backup and Restore. For note: This is only work for Windows 7.
Well, the text above is a way to Backup and Restore in Windows 10. By the way, do you understand about those steps above? If you need more information, so you are able to go to the page of Backup and Restore in Windows 10 on the site of microsoft.com. Or simply, you are able to visit this link; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027408/windows-10-backup-and-restore.