Are you coming to this page to know all about ASDSvc.exe? If so, you are surely at the right page now. However, knowing about ASDSvc.exe will increase your knowledge for some serviceable files that you can find on Windows. So, here are some important facts about it.
What is ASDSvc.exe?
ASDSvc.exe stands for ASDF Service Application as the part of ASD Framework which is developed by AhnLab,Inc. ASDSvc.exe can be found in the folder of “C:\program files\ahnlab\asp\myfirewall 4.0\”.
Moreover, asdsvc.exe is an executable file which is usually about 0.3 MB size, but on the version you have may be different as well. The .exe extension of a file name will display an executable file. Then, in some cases, the executable files can harm your computer because some may contain a virus or malware.
The version information od ASDF Service Application
- Product name: ASD Framework
- Company name: AhnLab, Inc.
- File description: ASDF Service Application
- Internal name: ASDSvc
- Original filename: ASDSvc.exe
- Legal copyright: Copyright (C) AhnLab, Inc. 1988-2015. All rights reserved.
- Product version: 184.108.40.206
- File version: 2, 5, 0, 11
- Expected Location: C:\Program Files\AhnLab, Inc.\AhnLab Smart Defense 2\ subfolder
- Expected Full Path: C:\Program Files\AhnLab, Inc.\AhnLab Smart Defense 2\asdsvc.exe
- SHA1: afca767c3572592b279a56a1970c950818c4ad81
- SHA256: ecd26ff599368265ad932a41dcfc44da0622f17202c7da0ef196e162402cd9d8
- MD5: 552380ceee77e8bf20288e09f0d8ab1d
Is asdsvc.exe Safe or Virus?
However, checking asdsvc.exe file whether it is safe or virus is totally a must for you. This way is ro protect your computer from any damage which may happen someday. Then, to know whether asdsvc.exe is safe or virus, you can take some tools as follow:
One of the tools that you can use to check asdsvc.exe is Microsoft’s Process Explorer. To use it, you can start the program and activate Check Legends under Options. Now, you can go to View to choose Column and add Verified Signer as one of the columns. Then, if the Verified Signer status of a process is listed as Unable to Verify, you definitely have to take a moment look at the process. Need to know that not all good Windows processes have a Verified Signature label but neither do any of the bad ones.
The second way that you can do is to find the location of the executable itself. Then, to find it, you can use the path like C:\Program Files\AhnLab, Inc.\AhnLab Smart Defense 2\asdsvc.exe. To determine the path, you need to open Task Manager. Then, go to View, choose Columns and choose Image Path Name to add the location column to your Task Manager. Then, if you may find a suspicious directory name, it may be a great idea to investigate this process later.
So, those are some ways that you can do to detect whether an asdsvc.exe file is safe or contains a virus.
Should I Remove asdsvc.exe?
You are probably annoyed when asdsvc.exe pops up on your computer even though you do not run this system on your computer. Need to know that although you do not run some apps on your computer but the asdsvc.exe continually will appear when you start your computer.
Related to the question Should I Remove asdsvc.exe, of course, we emphasize that if asdsvc.exe really disturbs you, you definitely have a right to remove it from your computer. But, if you think that igfxpers.exe is not annoying, so ignore it if it appears when you start your computer.
But, you definitely do not have to remove the asdsvc.exe file without a valid reason because it may affect the performance of any associated programs on your computer. Then, make sure that you keep your software and programs up to date to ward off any viruses that may be contained by the asdsvc.exe file.
Indeed, the best diagnosis for these suspicious files is to complete system analysis with either ASR Pro or this antivirus and malware remover. Well, if the file is classified as malicious, of course the apps will also remove asdsvc.exe and throw away the associated malware.
Because there are many users who give the suggestion to remove it from your computer because it may cause any danger sometime. Certainly, the dangerous thing will not come today, but the error of asdsvc.exe probably will appear someday without any notification before.
Unfortunately, there are just a few users who really know how to remove asdsvc.exe from your computer. Because you are at this page, you also will get the way to do it. Then, how to remove asdsvc.exe from your computer?
- From the Start Menu, click Control Panel.
- Under Programs, you will find click Uninstall a Program.
- Then, find AhnLab Smart Defense 2.
- Once you find it, click it. Then, click Uninstall.
- After that, you need to follow the prompts to remove AhnLab Smart Defense 2
You may also find some errors of asdsvc.exe that may appear, they are:
- “asdsvc.exe – Application Error. The instruction at “0xXXXXXXXX” referenced memory at “0xXXXXXXXX”. The memory could not be “read/written”. Click on OK to terminate the program”
- “ASDF Service Application has stopped working”.
- “End Program – asdsvc.exe. This program is not responding”.
- “asdsvc.exe is not a valid Win32 application”.
- “asdsvc.exe – Application Error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xXXXXXXXX). Click OK to terminate the application”.
Of course, some error messages above can happen during the installation of a program. If you get this error, keep a record of when and where your asdsvc.exe error to fix it later.
How to Fix asdsvc.exe Error?
To fix the error of asdsvc.exe, we definitely recommend you to use a new tool. It can be found at http://www.reimageplus.com/includes/router_land.php?tracking=BT&adgroup=wbmid&exec=run. Then, to use it, you need to follow some steps as follow:
- Firstly, you need to download the tool.
- Once you downloaded it, you can install it on your Windows (10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Then, open it. Once you are on this tool, you can click Start Scan to find Windows registry issues that may be causing some PC problems.
- Last, you can click Repair All to fix all problems.
Apart from the way above, you also do not download replacement exe files from any download sites due to these may contain viruses, malware and other dangerous things.