When we use Microsoft account, sometimes we find some issues. If you want to fix it, you need to know what issue it is so that we are able to give you the appropriate solution. If you just get a new PC and you are on it once when you first get it to set everything up. Then, you try to get on the PC and it asks for a password. However, you never set up a password and you try to access account.live.com and change your password. When you log on with the new password, you find that it says that you are not able to sign in to your device right now and you are asked to go to account.live.com to fix the problem.
If you face the problem above or almost the same as it, you are the same as another user that consults this problem to the Microsoft Forum. According to that Forum, usually when you set up a Pin password for an account, you will be provided with an option namely Sign-In Options on the login screen. If you click on it, you will be permitted to choose either Pin password or actual Microsoft account password to login. So, the thing that you have to do is to check with that option on the login screen to use Pin password.
You have to confirm that the right password is getting entered with some simple checks before sorting to more extreme measures:
- You have to click on the eye icon in the password field and then you have to view the password before you hit the Enter button.
- You have to verify that the keyboard layout was not changed during the upgrade which causes you to enter unexpected characters when typing. Then, you have to press the Windows Key and the Spacebar at the same time to check the keyboard language and layout. While you are holding the Windows Key, you have to press the spacebar repeatedly to be able to change the keyboard layout.
- From another device, you have to verify that you are able to sign into sccount.live.com successfully with the same Microsoft account email and password.
If you still find the issue, you are able to reset the password by using the exact Email address for recovering the password which you have setup at the time of Microsoft account creation. You can also try using I Know My Password, But Can’t Sign In option during password reset and see whether it can solve the problem.
How to Reset and Recover Your Microsoft Account
If you want to reset or recover your Microsoft account, you will need a working email account that you are able to access. So, the Microsoft team will be able to send you information about your request. You are able to use any active email account. If you do not have another email account that you are able to access, create a temporary outlook.com account can be your solution and it is free since you just have to choose Create One at the Microsoft Account Sign In page.
To reset or recover your Microsoft account, you have to fill out the recovery form by following the steps below.
- The first thing that you have to do is to access account.live.com/acsr to be able to use the account recovery form where you will provide the phone number, email address, or username for the account which you are trying to recover.
- Next, you have to provide a different email address, other than one you are trying to recover, which can be used by the Microsoft team to contact you about your request.
- In this step, you have to enter the characters that you can see on the screen to prove that you are not a robot and then click on Next.
- There will be a pop up message which asks you to verify the contact email address. You have to check that email for a message from Microsoft with the security code, enter that code and then choose Verify.
- Now, you have to make sure to fill in as much as information, even if you are not sure.
- Then, you have to choose Submit when you are finished. The Microsoft team will give you a response in 24 hours.
Tips For Filling Out The Recovery Form
When you fill out the recovery form, there are some tips for you. First, you have to make sure that you set yourself up for success. You have to complete the form from a device and a location that Microsoft team will recognize such as a device that you have lately used to sign into your account and a location like your home or office where you usually use the device. You have to gather as much information as you can about your Microsoft account and services before you start.
Second tip, you have to complete the form. If you are able to include the more information in the form, you will have a better chance to regain access to your account. Make sure that you need to answer as many questions as you can.
- You have to make sure that you are using the right domain when you insert your email address. The domain would be something like this @outlook.com or @gmail.com. If you are not in the US, it can be @outlook.co.uk.
- If you have owned your account for some years, the details on file may not match your current condition. So, you have to think about what you may have entered when you first signed up.
- You have to think about passwords that you use on other accounts that you may have used here.
- If you get to a question that lets you ‘add more’, you have to make sure to fill in as much information as you know.
- It is important for you to know that the email subject lines must be exact.
- Also, you need to know that gamertags are not case-sensitive but they are space-sensitive.
The Microsoft team will send the results of your recovery request to the email address that you give. If the Microsoft team can verify your account, they will send you instructions about how to recover your account. If your account recovery request was not granted, it is recommended for you to try again up to two times per day.